Eli Global is seeking an Investment Leader to head up a newly created Venture Fund who will be in charge of making investments from an uncapped fund into seed to late stage start-ups. This executive will be responsible for screening, analyzing and executing venture investments. The Investment leader will be involved in extensive financial, technology due diligence, modelling and preparation of investment memorandum and presentations. The executive will also be involved with monitoring and evaluating performance of existing investments and preparing investor updates.
- Develop investment themes within venture investment sector
- Create milestones and success criteria/goals for fund
- Originate and source investment prospects from external contacts/networks and also internal Eli businesses and leaders
- Conduct detailed industry, business, and financial due diligence on prospective investments
- Prepare in-depth financial and data analysis for potential investments, including customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, and industry research
- Develop financial models relating to financings, restructurings, valuation analyses and liquidity events
- Prepare thorough investment memorandum and presentations
- Maintain knowledge of existing investments and monitor financial performance
- Prepare quarterly investment analysis and write-ups of existing deals for investor and management reporting
- Recruiting/hiring of additional team members as needed and agreed upon with leadership
- Preferably 10 years of experience in buy side investments with around 5 years in VC;
- Investing experience in the technology space and ideally Healthcare Technology
- Ideally, an MBA from an elite business school, or equivalent work experience.
- Some operating experience a plus but not required
- Superior financial modelling, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent research, organizational skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships.
- Ability to perform at a high level without significant supervision and with attention to detail
- Strong, active ties to start-up and VC communities
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations.
- Ability to articulate ideas in a group setting
If interested, please apply here.