Draper Venture Network (DVN) is looking for a dynamic and multi-talented candidate to join the Draper Venture Network team, lead and champion DVN<>Beta initiatives, and orchestrate value-add services across the Network’s funds and global portfolio.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Become an integral part of DVN by leading the DVN<>Beta seed fund program
- Build relationships with DVN’s stakeholders: Fund GPs, Fund team members, and portfolio company executives
- Improve our current platform of services and enable our small team to effectively scale them to our large community of VCs and CEOs
- Help organize annual events, e.g. Spring GP gathering, the Fall LP & CEO Summit, and any others you dream up
- Travel to global tech hubs to visit our current and prospective Member Funds
- Propose and execute innovative ways to bring success to our DVN Beta portfolio companies: access new customers in the US, recruit talent, and raise follow-on investing
- Cultivate new methods of connecting via our private Member Web Portal
- Handle the occasional administrative task with equal passion and resolve
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, Master’s Degree is a plus
- 3+ years of relevant experience at a prominent VC or startup, with a demonstrative understanding of the operations of a venture capital fund
- Hands-on experience with lightweight tools such as websites, mailing lists, CRMs, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to spur collaboration amongst diverse individuals, both offline and online
- Proven ability to build and sell business concepts to internal and external stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and in practice: highly organized, self-starter, and performs on deadline
The ideal candidate is not only a self-starter but can thrive in a team. They will be as comfortable leading a meeting in the office as they will be leading a workshop with foreign CEOs, shooting hoops with Tim Draper, or belting out Karaoke tunes with our fellow VCs.
Role is based in San Mateo, California
About Draper Venture Network
Draper Venture Network (DVN) is a robust venture collective that brings together experienced investors and innovative entrepreneurs from across sectors and continents to share strategies, source opportunities, and create greater value.
The Network was started in 1990 and has since grown into a self-governed organization of 22 independent venture funds across five continents that cooperate on investment diligence, marketing intelligence, corporate relationships and co-investments. All member funds raise their own capital and manage their investment decisions independently.
DVN Beta is a network for micro and seed-stage VC funds. These budding VCs are exposed to the world’s best investors and investment infrastructure.
Please contact Anna (anna@drapernetwork) with Subject line “DVN Beta Manager” to learn more about the role.