Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Position Scope & Responsibilities
As a Group Manager on the Venture Investing team, the individual will:
- Join the investor team at Citi Ventures as a deal lead
- Source, lead diligence, and complete investments that support our focus areas
- Manage portfolio companies post-investment, manage Citi Ventures’ relationship with portfolio companies
- Lead commercialization activity with emerging companies (both portfolio and non-portfolio) by identifying leading startups, driving pilot activity, and accelerating adoption of key capabilities
- Build a pipeline of leading startups that fit with the strategic investment themes
- Meet regularly with VCs and innovation partners and attend conferences to maintain a pulse on market developments
- Develop market landscapes and points-of-view on emerging trends
- Interface/interact with colleagues in business units and IT to understand strategic roadmaps and help synthesize Citi Ventures investment themes and focus areas
- Lead internal thought leadership activities in coverage areas by creating and disseminating synthesis of industry trends, organize meetings with Citi management and startup roadshows
- Contribute to external communications to demonstrate Citi thought leadership
- Represent Citi at external events and financial sector forums
- Mentor Citi Ventures’ junior personnel to build and strengthen Citi’s market intelligence and innovation capability
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline with 8-10+ years of work experience
- 3-5+ years of venture investing experience with a leading venture capital firm or in a corporate venture setting, ideally with a focus on security/enterprise technologies
- MBA or other master’s degree from a top tier program is a plus
- Additional experience in corporate strategy, strategy consulting, investment banking, or equity research, with a focus on technology, is a plus
- Domain knowledge and network in enterprise B2B areas such as cybersecurity or infrastructure
- Strong relationship management, communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills at all levels within or outside the organization
If interested, please apply here.