Are you an Investment Manager with exposure to accelerator programmes & start ups?If so we have an exciting opportunity for you within the Centrica Innovations team where you will be responsible for finding, supporting & preparing new enterprises to present to the Centrica Innovations Board (Linkedin, Crunchbase) for Investment.
- Work with Head of Start-Up Labs to build network of contacts in accelerator programmes and start-ups
- Supervise enterprises through incubator and accelerator programmes, internal or external.
- Advise and support potential investees on business plan creation, financial forecasting and social impact measurement.
- Participate in necessary due diligence activities to assess the commercial opportunity, the financial model, the calibre of the team, and evaluate key risks.
- Write investment papers and updates; present investment cases to the Innovations Board; and, deal effectively with robust challenges from committee members.
- Manage the on-going relationship with investees and ensure the completion of quarterly reporting and repayments.
- Actively promote Centrica Innovations both within Centrica and within the start-up sector.
- Key Success measures will include: performance of the seed investments they are responsible for, volume of seed investments made, number of pilots and other commercial relationships formed between the incubator cohort and Centrica.
- Candidate will also be responsible for the ongoing portfolio management of some existing investments made through the Ignite fund
- ‘Entrepreneurial spirit’, a self-starter who is open minded, experimental, keen to develop ideas and who is not afraid to fail.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to influence, motivate and inspire the wider organisation at all levels.
- Excellent relationship management skills, able to tactfully engage and gain buy-in from the Businesses.
- Poise and presence, able to hold their own in meetings and with senior stakeholders and entrepreneurs.
- A strong understanding of business strategy and the ability to diligence business plans and financial models
- An understanding of the legal contracting process is desirable but not essential
- Experience understanding where/how technology or new business models can address key challenges in the business whilst having the ability to balance strategic imperative with financial returns.
- Experience in consultancy, advisory or similar activities which have led to strong commercial skills
- Experience of reviewing business plans and strategy at an organisation/company level
- Understanding of broad business processes (marketing, technology, finance, management etc.)
- Strong commercial acumen and financially literate
- Experience in a start-up, Private Equity, Venture Capital or M&A would be a benefit
- A keen interest in, and some experience of social enterprise or the “Third Sector” would be a benefit
If interested, please apply here.