Digitalization and analytics is going to be critical as a common capability across our businesses. We are establishing a new team called Technology Ventures. The mission of the new team is to find unique ways to monetize CASC (Cargill Agriculture Supply Chain) data and insights, as well as establish growth opportunities that add to our digital and analysis capabilities while evaluating potential for new products and services.
This position will be part of a small team responsible for creating a $50M business by 2022. Job responsibilities will be very fluid. Attributes most needed for success are execution capacity and communication.
40% Partnership/Investment of capital into start-up companies
• Target Sourcing
o Description: Identify and develop external technology opportunities through proactive market surveys and “bottom-up” sourcing. Working in conjunction with digital economy tags to compile a regularly-updated list of potential partners; creation and management of a gameboard for each application area
• Initial Due Diligence
o Description: Initial public record research of potential target to ensure potential opportunity aligns with Cargill from a strategic fit and readiness perspective
o Work internally inside Cargill to understand if other groups are aware of the technology or company.
40% Monetization of Cargill data and information
• Cost/benefit analysis of monetizing Cargill information and data
o Description: define cost of mining internal data that can be sent to customer vs estimated sales revenue
• Managing the game plan (game board) for target products and target customers
o Description: maintain budget and earnings forecast for CASC tech ventures
• Facilitate operations for 5-7 pilots with trading companies testing Cargill data
• Project manager for farmer trading app
10% Ownership of CASC part of venture database. With support, execution of projects related to priorities.
10% misc. responsibilities as they present themselves
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant business experience
• Experience analyzing company financials for investment potential
• Strong execution skills
• Strong communication skills
• Experience evaluating balance sheets of companies to supplement work Corporate Strategy and Development will do
• Experience developing new product ideas
If interested, please apply here.