here is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 100+ cities across 14 countries. With our Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale. Read more about us
About The Role
We are looking for an AGM of Ventures to grow explore and deliver on new growth avenues for our UAE business. The person in this post has an opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the region and the trajectory of the company.
- Own the growth strategy for new ventures and lead its implementation
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, including suppliers
- Secure partnerships that could change the game in the market
- Manage the P&L of the segment
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: ownership, be of service and shoot to the moon.
Additional Qualifications Include
- Strategic thinker
- Wow customers – Roll-up his/her sleeves to excite suppliers, turnaround upset customers, charm a partner CEO, and deliver outstanding growth.
- Experience in a leadership role at a dynamic organisation or experience in a Venture Capital or a strategic consulting company
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience
- Speaks fluent English and the local language
- The right candidate needs to be obsessed with data and should be super analytical
- Fast learner
If interested, please apply here.