BGL Group is one of the UK’s leading financial services businesses that own the nation’s moved loved price comparison website CompareTheMarket.com, plus multiple other general insurance distribution businesses. In 25 years, we have grown to employ over 3,000 people and are well positioned to deliver our strategy to be a world class digital distributor of financial products.
Our New Ventures team is responsible for developing future business models for the Group by realising opportunities in the consumer, technology and regulatory trends driving the financial services industry today. The team is responsible for two key activities: a) internal innovation which is all about developing and launching new customer propositions, and b) originating and forming strategic partnerships with innovative start-ups that are relevant to the Group. The team also makes minority investments in start-ups, and works closely with the Group’s M&A team.
BGL Group are looking for a Manager to join our New Ventures team. You will be joining a small team working closely with the executive management and senior stakeholders across the business to help drive our propositions of the future.
You’ll be participating in a variety of projects – from identifying and analysing new markets, to running internal proposition design missions with our external partners, to uncovering new & innovative start-ups for partnership and minority investment. Your entrepreneurial and inquisitive nature combined with your business acumen will make you a success in this role.
This ideal candidate will have:
- Background in either Innovation, Product Management, Venture Capital, or Corporate Development
- 2:1 or higher in Business, Economics, Marketing degree or similar
- 3+ years’ relevant experience
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and a passion for customer, technology, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Strong stakeholder management and networking skills across all levels
- Excellent strategic planning & insight experience
- Business modelling and financial analysis skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of a team that will drive the Group’s future growth and bring new propositions to the market
- The ability for you to be heavily involved in multiple high profile workstreams across BGL and external partners
- A competitive benefits package, including an emphasis on training, personal and professional development
If interested, please apply here.