Within the R&D Service Venture team, you support the implementation of the Vegetable Seeds R&D Capex strategy by guiding the scoping, set-up and realization of capital investment projects. This also includes the stages of business evaluation following established project management principals and processes. You will be responsible for local and global projects and have to communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will report to the Global Project Manager Farms.
The function supports the most effective investment of R&D money & resources to maximize the R&D operating results through establishment of:
- Timely, cost-effective and compliant realization of a global R&D capability (e.g., sites and technologies) ensuring availability of strategic resources needed to deliver new vegetable seed varieties to the market.
- Enhanced project management discipline in the implementation of capital investment projects or other improvement projects.
- Increased stakeholder engagement and trust in scoping and implementing capital investment projects.
Your tasks & responsibilities as R&D Capital Investment Venture Manager
- Define the scope and magnitude of the R&D capital investment projects with the R&D Leadership Team incl. the identification of risk profiles and mitigation and target setting for time and cost.
- Manage and guide R&D capital investment projects, together with local Technical project Managers, through the technical planning and preparation phases, integrating business strategy and technical boundaries into project concepts, coping with variations in business assumptions and customer needs.
- Support the representation to the R&D Leadership Team on related Steering Committees and act as advisor/consultant/technical sparring partner for the R&D Leadership Team regarding compliance with Corporate policies and guidelines
- Provide direction and ensure efficient Capital Investment Project Management: support the installation of an efficient project structure, empower project members and foster cooperation and teamwork in a transparent manner
- Support local management in all aspects of health & safety, security, permitting and planning in accordance with relevant legal requirements, relevant corporate policies and guidelines and good practices at the sites.
- Monitor the progress of projects in different phases and parallel developments step by step by establishing controls and being aware of the critical path, taking timely action when needed. Ensure regular effective communication and appropriate escalation within the project team and with the project stakeholders and (senior) management throughout the project.
- Monitor the project budgets and timely take the necessary action when the budget impends to exceed.
You are a professional with:
- A Bachelor degree or relevant experience on this level
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- > 5 years’ experience in a relevant field such as high tech Farming, Technical Management, and or Site Management
- Proven track record > 5 years’ experience in horticultural or agriculture Capex Project Management (such as green- houses, climate rooms, seed labs, in-door farming, logistic facilities, seed technology machinery, etc.)
- Proven Project Management skills preferably in complex Capital Investment projects
- Sound practical, technical and financial analytical evaluation abilities
- Able to communicate effectively on multiple levels and project teams within and outside the R&D organization
- Proven negotiation skills
- Fluent in local language and English
- Solid understanding of supporting processes associated with Site Management and maintenance of a plant/site
- Ability to work in a dynamic, changing multi-cultural environment
- Ability and willingness to work internationally (travel approx. 10 à 15 times in and outside Europe)
What’s in it for you?Working in a challenging and international working environment with enthusiastic, professional and passionate colleagues. We pay a lot of attention to personal development and career development. We offer a variable remuneration in addition to an attractive salary and excellent benefits like a good pension, collective health insurance, training opportunities, etc.
If interested, please apply here.