The Investment Manager is responsible for supporting all aspects of venture capital investing including sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, development of investment memoranda, deal execution, portfolio management, performance reporting, and exits of deals in North America. This position will focus on investments relevant to upstream oil & gas, downstream oil & gas, petrochemicals, renewable energy and water technologies. Experience in industrial digital technologies and/or automation is a plus.
Aramco’s regional investment teams are responsible for identifying and executing opportunities within their defined region in conjunction with the global team. The Investment Manager will support the screening of new proposals with Saudi Aramco entities and corporate operations, perform extensive on-the-ground due diligence on target companies and its management, assist multi-discipline teams (including legal, technical, and commercial teams) in diligence, and support all aspects of the investment process. The Investment Manager may represent Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures (SAEV) on portfolio boards in an observer role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop strong and wide networks with venture capital community (corporate and financial venture capital firms, Portfolio Companies, etc.), universities and research centers in North America
- Source quality deals through networking and maintains deal flow & contact database entries
- Support screening processes to vet deals through strategic value considerations and economic soundness
- Perform site visits, calls and interviews with start-up management
- Perform in-depth company and market assessments and due diligence that would cover a review of the target company’s management team, company financials, proposal’s market potential, company governance and structure, etc.
- Develop comprehensive Investment Memoranda for Investment Committee review
- Coordinate timely information on company related issues to headquarters and management.
- Support portfolio companies diligently to succeed, including within Aramco’s business units, adding value to the portfolio
- Support portfolio reporting
- Support development of exit recommendations for Investment Committee review
- Develop periodic information and updates on portfolio performance to headquarters and management.
- Support proper communication protocol with affiliate offices and support teams
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering or Sciences; Business, Finance or equivalent required; Post-graduate qualification i.e., MBA, CFA or is preferred;
- Minimum seven (5) years’ experience in venture capital, corporate venture capital, or corporate M&A; Energy industry experience, particularly in upstream oil & gas, petrochemicals, or industrial digital technologies is highly desirable; Background in investment banking or management consulting with a deep understanding of the venture capital investment process will also be considered.
- Must have Hands on investment experience in the investment life cycle phases including sourcing, executing, value adding, and exiting
- Must have a broad understanding of technical and market trends in the energy sector.
- Candidates with demonstrable experience in both technical and financial experience or capability is a plus
- Demonstrable financial modeling experience is a plus
- Occasional irregular or after hours work may be required; regular domestic travel required
- Accountable, takes responsibility for actions, makes decisions on best data available and follows through, remains focused on delivering to goals and managing risk; ethical and honest, high integrity and trustworthy
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately in English (orally and written) at a level required to perform the job as outlined
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies and standard business etiquette
If interested, please apply here.