Responsible for assisting the Corporate Venture Capital (“CVC”) team in identifying and executing equity investments in early stage strategic companies with new or emerging technologies, services, and business models.
Primary duties are functionally similar to a senior associate or vice president level at an institutional direct investment firm and include a range of quantitative and qualitative analyses including, but not limited to:
- Works as an integral member of the CVC team in all aspects of the investment process.
- Research and understand markets and competitive dynamics.
- Prepares financial analyses including building financial models and several other analyses, such as or including estimated returns and valuation.
- Develops clear and concise presentations for an executive audience outlining the investment opportunity, including its strategic fit, financial return, risk, and profile.
- Partner internally with other business units in evaluation of opportunities and participation in due diligence of specific opportunities.
- Assists with management and tracking of investment portfolio including assisting in quarterly and annual reports to CVC Investment Committee and Anthem executive leadership.
- Coaches, mentors, and works with junior analyst(s) to accomplish various responsibilities.
- Requires a BA/BS degree; 4-6 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, corporate development, investment banking, or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- MBA degree preferred, including recent 2019 or upcoming 2020 graduates.
- Transactional experience strongly preferred, with applicable deal sheet available upon request.
- Intellectual curiosity with superior critical and strategic thinking, coupled with a proactive, humble, and team-oriented mindset.
- Excellent leadership and strong analytical & planning skills are required, as are executive level verbal and written communication skills.
- This position is located in Indianapolis, IN, no exceptions, with some travel anticipated.
- Experience in healthcare or healthcare technology experience is an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
If interested, please apply here.