Looking to power up your career? If you enjoy challenges, have the drive to learn, and are passionate about the work you do we invite you to consider Alliant Energy!
What sets us apart?
- Excellent pay and benefits
- A commitment to career growth and development
- A culture that embraces our core values of live safety, do the right thing, care for others, make things better, act for tomorrow, and think beyond – be bold.
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on our local communities
We currently have a New Ventures Manager opening located in Cedar Rapids, IA or Madison, WI. In this challenging role you will lead and manage day-to-day activities for Business Development vertical focused on venture investing. The person in this role will lead activities for new investments, monitor current investments, create, manage and present financial models, and assemble summary material for direct or fund investments. This person will actively participate in financial and strategic analysis for the business unit, develop and maintain relationships with venture ecosystems at the regional, state and national level including potential new partners and investments. Other responsibilities include identifying potential business partners, negotiating agreements and working with other departments to ensure alignment of the company strategy.
Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position.
- Leads exploration of new opportunities and investments. Prioritizes concepts based on intersection of value to customers, value to Alliant Energy, and Alliant Energy’s strategic plan.
- Actively involved in sourcing and expanding access to investment opportunity flow, by leveraging contacts and selectively building new networks and referral sources.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with current and prospective partners, brokers, attorneys, consultants, and other industry contacts.
- Performs financial analysis of potential new investments and participates in upfront structuring discussions and transaction strategic rationale.
- Ideates and creates solutions, engages with external start-ups and innovation communities, and leverages other innovation strategies and tactics to develop strategic capabilities.
- Prepares investment memorandums and other supporting documentations for decision support of venture investing.
- Creates a pipeline of acquisition opportunities by working closely with business unit and other internal and external parties.
Education and Experience Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in technology, economics, finance or related field.
- In the absence of a degree, 9 years of related experience is required.
- 5 years of investment experience: investment banking, venture capital, or private equity.
- Demonstrated experience and track record in the private equity, venture capital, corporate venture capital or banking ecosystems.
- A Master’s or Advanced degree is preferred.
- Innovation Engineering Black Belt certification is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Demonstrated effective leadership and transaction skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully and ability to lead process change.
- Demonstrated innovation mindset and openness to new solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and project management software.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and possess a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment.
- NOTE: All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
If interested, please apply here.