Adevinta is the leading pure player in international marketplaces, with its roots in Schibsted Media Group. Our purpose is to make a positive change in the world by helping everything and everyone find a new purpose. We operate in 16 countries with local brands such as Leboncoin, Fotocasa, Subito, Shpock, InfoJobs and Willhaben. Our HQ is in Barcelona, a top-3 European city for future founders, next to London and Berlin.
Adevinta Ventures is a strategically important venture arm. We invest into remakers of the vertical marketplaces we once made. We seek to invest in the best new models in Real-Estate, Future of Work and Mobility across Europe, while keeping our eyes open to potential remakers of adjacent businesses as well. We create value for start-ups by helping them scale to countries within our footprint, win their local markets or improve their algorithms with our data.
We typically invest in A- and B-rounds within VC terms and a ticket size from €500k up to €6M. During our first year we have invested in top seed funds in London (Stride.vc), Vienna (SpeedInvest) and Berlin (Atlantic labs) as LPs; we have also done direct investments into Future of Work and Proptech areas alongside top VC funds. We see around 40 relevant marketplace deals every month and aim to invest in the best 1%.
More information on our website: https://www.adevinta.com/ventures/
Excited to learn from the best marketplace founders and operators, and support the next marketplace winners in Europe? Adevinta is building-up its global venture arm in Barcelona. Have a seat on our team to learn all about the future of marketplaces, invest in fast growing start-ups and help scale them to the next markets. Our team focuses mainly on deals in Spain, Germany, UK, France and the Nordics, but is not limited to that.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record and excellent reputation in VC/CVC investments in online marketplaces, SaaS or consumer facing business space. You are comfortable finding and executing venture deals, roll up your sleeves to model and assess them, and are natural at negotiating terms with founders and co-investors. In addition, you are passionate about learning, new technologies and entrepreneurship.
- We want you to learn and create value through the whole investment cycle. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to do sourcing, case analysis, meet founders and co-investors to make deals, lead DD, execute, and help founders to thrive together with us. As a team we want to make sure we pick up the right candidates among similar models and help them scale up and win across Europe.
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs and co-investors in the markets we operate.
- Map investment trends, develop investment themes, systematically and proactively identify potential investment opportunities, track and push forward the deal flow generated by our team
- Analyze complex capital structures, value startups, build financial models to forecast investment returns, and compile and present investment memos to the investment committee
- Drive due diligence processes and critically evaluate management teams, market opportunities, as well as technical and financial aspects of investment opportunities
- Support portfolio companies in strategic and operational matters
- Contribute to building a world-class corporate venture capital team by taking on responsibility for various initiatives ranging from representing Adevinta Ventures at high profile events to developing content, improving processes and growing our knowledge base
- Good network of founder and VC contacts in large VC ecosystems, such as the UK, Germany or Spain.
- Smart and curious: With strong analytical skills, high energy level and a curious mindset.
- Hungry and driven: You must be hungry and driven, but also personable and easy to work with.
- Passionate, humble, and helpful: You must be passionate about startups to do this job authentically.
- Team player: your style of working has both individual drive but you are also keen to help team members and develop the investment operations forward together. You roll up your sleeves to support the team if needed.
- Master’s Degree from university, preferably with a technical degree.
- Some entrepreneurial experience is preferred, either founding or being a part of a startup – namely you know what it takes and what makes it happen.
- Minimum 3 years of investment track record in a top VC or CVC. 2-3 years of work experience in an investment bank or top tier management consulting company is a plus.
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If any of the above ticks your boxes, then why not Apply Now to find out more