We are looking for a new leader to drive and shape our US Agriculture practice. Reporting into Village Capital’s Vice President of US Ventures, the Agriculture Practice lead will be charged with building on our efforts to identify, train and prepare ventures focused on creating a more sustainable food and agriculture system for scale through our signature, peer-review based investment readiness programs. Village Capital hosts the longest-running program for early stage food and agriculture ventures in the country and was recently named one of the top three most valuable food and ag accelerators in the world by AgFunder. We have made 16 investments into agriculture and food related companies and have supported nearly 100 through our investment readiness programs.
- Lead Relationship Development and Strategy for the Agriculture Practice: You will serve as Village Capital’s primary lead in developing future work in Agriculture. You’ll design our Agriculture portfolio, based on your assessment of industry trends; lead the development of current and new strategic partners; and with support from our core team, you will be responsible for closing business development deals within Agriculture Practice.
- Find Great Entrepreneurs, Developing a Network to Support Them: You will be a leading expert in agriculture innovation worldwide. You’ll build a network to discover the industry’s most promising entrepreneurs, and support them in growing their companies. In addition, you will develop strategies for maximizing the success of our current portfolio of agriculture entrepreneurs.
- Manage Village Capital’s Agriculture Practice: In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all activities within Village Capital’s Agriculture practice, leading a team to recruit the highest potential entrepreneurs and delivering programming to improve these entrepreneurs’ success. Your team will commit to the behind-the-scenes infrastructure building and detail-oriented work that goes into recruiting entrepreneurs, project management, and prospective partner identification and research.
- Establish Village Capital as a leading brand in Agriculture: You’ll become one of the leading innovators in agriculture worldwide (if you aren’t already!). You will be responsible for crafting thought pieces on the market, speak at conferences, and promote your work on social media.
- Minimum of a B.A., or related degree
- At least 7 years of overall professional experience; ideally 7-10 years of relevant business and management experience
- Experience growing a startup and working in investments/venture capital
- Deep sector knowledge and expertise
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
IF interested, please apply here.