As an integral member of the Business Innovation team, the New Ventures Lead is an entrepreneurial individual who will identify new business lines for Konica Minolta, develop strategies to enter the market and support business model development, source partners for executing on the strategy and perform investment due diligence to support expansion in the new areas. The lead will also perform general business development, market research, and financial analysis within the technology sector.
On any given day:
- Identify emerging business opportunities to support the charter of the innovation center and drive the digital transformation for the company
- Lead all aspects of business structuring: analysis, modeling, due diligence, structuring, documentation, negotiation, legal considerations, and investment committee presentations
- Develop and manage rigorous execution plans that define a successful roadmap for implementation of agreed plans between BIC & KM business units based on an agile and iterative model
- Assist business units with market and business case analyses to determine alignment of new opportunities to strategy
- Monitor and troubleshoot execution of technical and commercial collaborations, including assistance with market and business case analyses to determine attractiveness of new opportunities as well as oversight of pilots as needed
- Act as liaison to key counterparts including but not limited to business unit leaders, and other executives
- Develop necessary ecosystem of partners and advisors in the areas of business focus
- Identify startup investment opportunities and develop thesis for the investment
- Attend industry conferences and venture capital events to diligence new ideas
- Present to senior KM executives
To ace this role you will need to have:
- Ability to set a bold vision and execute on the vision based an iterative, milestones based approach
- Ability to develop strategies in emerging areas and execution plans to innovate in the new target domains
- Startup like founder mentality with on excuse execution mindset
- Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication presentation skills
- Strong judgment and the ability to analyze options and their implications
- Ability to lead and participate in strategic discussions
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external partners as part of a solutions-based process
- Passion for knowledge, drive for excellence, demonstrated leadership capabilities, well developed executive presence and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate internally and externally and a track record of positively contributing to the team values and culture
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum of 8+ years successful experience in a similar role, startups or corporate innovation centers a plus.
- Domain expertise in tech and business development
- Experience with strategic planning, process management and finance a plus
- Strong project and relationship management skills
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping
- Experience managing large, complex, strategic collaborative relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree with MBA
Our team of entrepreneurs, founders, innovators, and industry experts is nearly doubling in the months to come. We’re looking for team members who get (really) excited by the future of technology, who embody the go-getter entrepreneurial mentality, who are passionate about building new businesses and driving impactful organizational change.
While we’re part of a global company, we act like a startup. We embrace agility and the culture of Silicon Valley. Perks include: regular lunches, flexible workplaces, leading technology, professional development, happy hours and offsite events, healthy initiatives including onsite gym and delicious food, and a central location in Foster City, CA. From our strategic global location, we harness innovative technologies to expand Konica Minolta’s core business in the areas of healthcare, next generation enterprise solutions, workplace of the future, robotics, connected intelligent ecosystems (IoT), and digital marketing.
If interested, please apply here.