The Boeing Company is seeking a Business Development Specialist to join the HorizonX/NeXt team. This position can sit in Seattle, Washington, Saint Louis, Missouri or Menlo Park, California.
As a member of HorizonX/NeXt, this level 4 Business Development Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing actionable strategies to engage and capture new business with customers, joint partners and start-ups. In order to successfully execute on the opportunities identified, the incumbent will work with the HorizonX/NeXt Strategy team, develop internal and external relationships and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions for new business generation and execution. In addition to these groups, the incumbent will also interact with suppliers, subsidiaries, senior executives of Fortune 50 companies, private equity firms and significant venture capital organizations as required to support enterprise related growth objectives. Overall, the HorizonX/NeXt Business Development team supports the development of new business opportunities in adjacent markets with external partners leveraging existing core technologies and capabilities of the Boeing Company.
The responsibilities for this position are, but not limited to:
- Develops relationships and negotiates mutually beneficial solutions for new business generation and execution
- Capable of rapidly building and executing on projects designed to test new markets that meet customer/partner and Boeing objectives
- Cultivates relationships and assesses opportunities for equity investments and/or partnerships to drive global growth.
- Capable of establishing and leveraging strategic partnerships to accelerate market access and enhance value for Boeing and partner companies
- Promotes the image, brand and awareness of Boeing in both sustaining and cultivating partnerships.
- Able to cultivate expertise and technology from across the Boeing enterprise and leverage it to provide value in new markets or with partner companies
- Ensures clear reach-back and engagement with Executive Council, Business Units, and relevant functions.
- Develops strategic alternatives, drives decision alignment and communicates Boeing strategies to achieve global growth, innovation and productivity.
- Researches and synthesizes market & competitive intelligence to obtain insights.
- Analyzes, aligns and integrates strategies across Company objectives, functions and business units.
- Aligns, integrates and supports Executive Council decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience in the negotiation and contracting processes
- Involvement in economic development or business development activities
- Experience in a role which required influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience in a role that required strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a Project Management role or a role that required Project Management skills
- Experienced with contract negotiations and aligning the interests of internal and external stakeholders
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
If interested, please apply here.