Emerald Technology Ventures is a global leader in industrial venture capital with offices in Zurich and Toronto. The foundation of Emerald Technology Ventures is based on our conviction that, to be a successful sector focused venture capital investor, one requires significant technical knowledge about these sectors together with business and deal transaction experience. We have assembled a truly unique investment team which combines seasoned executives and venture capital managers with highly competent industrial technology specialists. To expand our capacity in the team of sector specialists we are seeking an entrepreneurial person to join our team in Zurich as –
Industry and Technology Specialist for Robotics, Industry 4.0 and AI solutions
You will serve as a key member of the Sector Specialist team to assess new market opportunities, technology trends and specific start-up companies. More specifically, in your role you will:
- Analyze and assess trends, products and solutions, among others, in the field of robotics, Industry 4.0 and AI applied in industrial sectors and products.
- Use your broad technical knowledge and cross-functional networks to anticipate and address customer needs, including identifying technical challenges and specific growth opportunities to prepare investment strategy recommendations for these industry segments.
- Map market sub-sectors to find the most interesting start-up companies.
- Source and analyze companies from a technology, intellectual property, product, business model and operational perspective and prepare investment recommendations as part of a deal team.
- As part of a deal team you coordinate and perform due diligence on the technology, market, business strategy, competitive position and management.
- Provide support to portfolio companies and closely monitor their progress on key performance indicators.
- Be instrumental in building out Emerald’s network of experts in the related industry and technology fields.
- Travel, as required, to participate in due diligence, present information, attend industry conferences and liaise with portfolio companies.
The candidate must have the following experience:
- Several years of experience in the field of robotics, Industry 4.0 and AI. The candidate has insight and hands-on experience in the latest technologies being developed, tested and used in the market.
- Several years of industry experience in one of the following industries (automotive, railroad, aviation equipment and aerospace or robotics and automation equipment) with a particular focus on commercializing new technologies.
- It is a plus if operational experience includes some business development activities.
This experience is preferably based on the following qualifications:
- Master in physics, computer science, electronics or mechanical engineering
- MBA or similar post-graduate business qualification is not required but a plus
- Outstanding analytical skills with the ability to effectively analyze on a technical, commercial and strategic level.
- Combine analytical processes and results with transaction requirements and financial expert analysis in a team effort.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to command the respect of the counter parties and team members with the ability to work across multiple disciplines as part of a team.
- Energetic self-starter with stamina, working effectively as part of a small team and the ability to work in an environment with rapidly changing deliverables.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent written communication skills in English and preferably one or two other foreign languages. Communication skills in Japanese are a strong plus
If interested, please apply here.