he Venture Operations Lead is part of the Delta Hangar Ventures team. This position is based in Atlanta, GA.
The Delta Hangar Ventures team plays a key role in developing and executing corporate innovation initiatives that contribute to Delta Air Lines’ market leadership and growth. The team invests in innovative, early to growth stage, entrepreneurial companies to accelerate Delta’s strategic advantage and learning through differentiation, cost reduction, and new revenue channels. Team members work with officers and business leaders across the company to execute equity investments, both domestically and internationally, and to foster the success of Delta’s portfolio companies by leveraging the unique resources and insights across Delta.
The Venture Operations Lead will be an integral part of the Ventures team with emphasis on identifying and prioritizing strategic business themes across Delta. This person will play a key role in organizing strategic innovation priorities with Delta leaders, and will also be involved in the day-to-day, evaluation and execution of deals through to closing.
- Support deal sourcing and lead the lifecycle management of deal closing including evaluating, due diligence, transacting, analyzing financial terms, and managing investments
- Develop investment thesis around strategic areas and conduct market and industry analysis
- Proactively identify Delta’s investment opportunities, qualify startups, and maintain strong relations with the investment committee and business unit leaders
- Manage and report on the active pipeline and portfolio companies
- Work closely with internal partners including legal, procurement, treasury, finance, corporate development, and divisional leaders to structure deal terms and investment needs
- Communicate the business impact and ensure the right resources are available and engaged to quickly make investment decisions
- Lead and refine CVC internal process including: tools, cadence of activities and events (e.g. roadshows), diligence and metrics, competency around deal execution, including Supply Chain, Treasury, Legal, etc
- Lead and synthesize quarterly listening sessions with strategic business leaders to continually refine investment priorities and share them with the venture ecosystem
- Periodically solicit and report progress from portfolio companies
Basic Entry Requirements
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a technical or scientific field
2-3 years previous experience in venture capital, investment banking, strategic consulting or operating experience at a venture-backed startup
Analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations and to provide thought leadership
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Proven ability to influence and collaborate with others and drive results
Intellectual curiosity with a demonstrated aptitude for understanding strategic investments and new technologies
Clearly accepts responsibility for tasks, decisions and actions. Is excellent at honest analysis. Sets objectives and goals and measures performance against them
If interested, please apply here.