VFS Global HQ is seeking a student to support fintech focused corporate venture capital investments and strategic partnerships. The scope of the role includes working with the innovation and investment teams to identify areas for startup investment, create “buy, build, partner” cases, and support ongoing ecosystem development.
VFS’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the financial services industry. The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Financial Services by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Financial Services.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing – Conduct research, assist with investment targets and deal pipeline; Conduct initial review of investment prospects and gather financial and market information from candidate companies
- Analysis – Perform research, competitor benchmarking, financial and valuation analysis for investments to assess risk and project potential returns under various scenarios, including verification and analysis of business models, market data, financial statements, cap tables, annual operating plans, and other documents during due diligence
- Execution – Create investment presentations and memoranda that thoroughly describe investment rationale, competition landscape, key risks and potential mitigations, and return on investment projections; assist with negotiation with targets, coordination of work streams
- Monitoring – Post-investment, monitor and assess financial information provided by portfolio companies and add value by helping the companies as they mature and grow
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High intellectual curiosity and business instincts with experience managing complex projects.
- Comfortable working with analytics and data to drive decisions.
- Dependable, resourceful and detail oriented; willing to perform a wide range of tasks and responds well to uncertainty in a fast-paced global environment.
- Capable of working independently in diverse cross-functional teams by multitasking and prioritizing.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Finance or Engineering at an accredited school. 2
year MBA student preferred.
- Applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Demonstrable interest in venture capital, financial technology, transportation, innovation, strategy, or entrepreneurship.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. (Expert level in Excel or experience using data analytics, simulation, and statistical tools preferred).
- Full proficiency in English. Additional languages a plus.
If interested, please apply here.