UL Ventures is passionate about partnering with and funding great teams to develops ambitious solutions together. We provide venture capital and a dedicated team who facilitate access to global UL thought-leaders, engineering expertise and ecosystems.
We currently have a short-term opportunity for an Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning domain expert. In this role, you will work closely with senior investment professionals to develop UL Ventures’ AI investment thesis and source and recommend relevant startups for potential investment.
This is a 40 hours/week, 3 month internship/contract. This position is located in Fremont, CA.
• Map the AI technology landscape and identify segments with high growth potential and technological moat
• Gain insights into the AI research areas of premier academic institutions and large organizations to understand future trends
• Develop a framework to compare and contrast different technological approaches to solving a industry pain point.
• Build a deal pipeline of investable companies through extensive networking including meeting with founders, entrepreneurs and thought leaders, attending events and collaborating with other players in the venture ecosystem.
• Conduct technology due diligence and competitive analysis on relevant startups
• Share research, analysis, due diligence findings internally by writing detailed reports.
• Minimum of 2 years previous experience in an Artificial Intelligence startup in a technical or product management role.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a technical degree with specialization in Data Science/Machine Learning/AI. MBA preferred.
• Demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship and deep insights into technology trends.
If interested, please apply here. .