As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group, (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) Statkraft Markets GmbH is the 6th largest power producer in Germany by capacity. Since 1999 we have been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. Lately we have become one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation. For us the ideas of our 450 committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. Share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world.
European power markets are going through a deep paradigm shift from central large scale power generation assets to a distributed and “smart” energy system. This change is massively changing the value chain, roles of market players and revenue shares. Start-ups will be a relevant force driving this change and will have the chance to profit from it.
Statkraft’s Corporate Venture Capital (CVC) unit invests in start-ups that have an impact on this changing environment and an influence on the energy markets within Europe. In addition to core energy topics like distributed generation and storage, trading, smart grid, retail and energy services this includes topics like AI, IoT, industry 4.0, analytics, automation, IT security, electric vehicles & smart transportation, smart cities, smart home and platforms.
- Active support in dealflow management
- Conducting research as well as individual projects
- Development of market and competitive environment analysis
- Support in analysis of start-ups during investment process from first contact till investment
- Administrative support for our team
- At least 3rd year of university, preferably of science, engineering or business administration
- Previous experience in start-ups, consulting or investment banking would be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Profound knowledge in MS Excel and Power Point
- Fluent in English and able to communicate in German
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Duration of the internship: 3-6 months
If interested, please apply here.