Since 1843, Stanley Black & Decker has set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things.
Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are STANLEY Tools. We are DeWalt. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work.
Selected students will participate in a meaningful and challenging 10-week summer internship that will allow each intern to have exposure to different facets of the business, receive critical skills, career and personal development training. Interns will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects within a cross functional team of professionals and get exposure to leaders within the business.
In these challenging roles…
In these various positions you will have exposure to several areas of Finance at Stanley Black & Decker and will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects with a cross functional team of professionals.
With great rewards…
This position will provide you with:
- A utility role interacting with key members of a fortune 500 company
- A flexible schedule featuring a max of 40 hours
- Opportunity for career advancement upon graduation
- Competitive Compensation
- Evangelize the Stanley Ventures brand making it a well-known brand in the venture capital world
- Establish Social Media strategy to represent the Stanley Ventures brand
- Maintain Social Media content for all avenues relevant to Stanley Ventures
- Research and analysis of potential targets, the markets they serve and their competition
- Engage in the industry via webinars, associations, events, etc.
- Assist in maintaining the Stanley Ventures website
- Provide internal communications about our investments through the Stanley internal website
- Provide research materials to Stanley ventures team
- Pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering Finance or a related business field
- Rising Junior or Senior
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Power Point and Excel
- Must be a research expert. Able to find information where nothing exists today.
- Ability to build top rated presentations and write press releases
- Able to work alone or in small groups
- Ability to coordinate with centralized corporate teams on standards & content
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and share ideas
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
If interested, please apply here.