Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung’s vision to inspire the world!
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Venture – Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships – Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of Samsung business units.
- M&A – Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product – Building new software and services businesses at scale.
As a Venture Intern, you will have the following:
- Investment Thesis: Assist with the development of investment theses in areas such as Media Tech, AI, Edge, Healthcare and Consumer Empowerment.
- Sourcing: Source, monitor, track, and sector map, startups relevant to our theses.
- Screening: Review investment opportunities, including analysis of company overview decks and meetings with entrepreneurs.
- Analysis/ Due Diligence: Conduct initial research on investment opportunities, including financial and strategic analyses. Assist deal teams on due diligence (external and internal) for potential investments.
- Passion for technologies, intellectual curiosity, and interest in our focus areas (Media Tech, AI, Edge, Healthcare, Consumer Empowerment).
- Strong analytical, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the startup ecosystem.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight timelines, in parallel.
- Technical degree is a plus but not a requisite.
- Positive attitude, self-starter, and high emotional intelligence (EQ).
- Fluency in English and ideally a second European language such as German or French.
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If interested, please apply here.