Venture University is a multi-stage investment fund and a trade school for angel investing, venture capital, and private equity.
Venture University’s investment fund invests initially $20K-$1M+ per company and up to $15M in follow-on rounds. Every four months, Venture University develops 3-6 investment theses and makes 3-6 new investments.
Venture University’s trade school is designed as an Investor Accelerator and includes both a VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship and Academic Program. Venture University accepts <2% of the applications it receives, making it more competitive to get into than the top ivy league schools and MBA programs. Individuals in the Investor Accelerator include angel investors, family offices, first time fund managers, entrepreneurs, undergraduate and graduate students, experienced professionals, and extraordinary individuals.
Individuals that are accepted into the Investor Accelerator join Venture University’s investment team, gain quality investment experience, build a deep network within the startup and VC/PE industry, and share in the financial upside from the investments made.
Venture University is redefining the value of an investment fund by leveraging a significantly larger investment team that is capable of covering markets broader, deeper, and faster than a typical fund, providing a powerful network that can better support portfolio companies, and offering greater value to LPs.
Venture University’s mission is to generate consistent and superior returns net of fees as a venture capital fund and develop and curate top investor and entrepreneurial talent for the benefit of the innovation ecosystem.
For more information, go to: https://www.Venture.University
Venture University offers three programs: Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Spring: Jan 14th – April 26th, 2019
- Summer: June 17th – Aug 30th, 2019
- Fall: Sept 16th – Dec 13th, 2019
Individuals accepted into the program have the option to participate in the program for a minimum of three months and up to one year to immerse themselves into the world of angel investing, venture capital, and private equity.
Responsibilities of the Venture Capital & Private Equity Investment Apprenticeship:
- The Venture Capital & Private Equity Investment Apprenticeship Program is a full-time program, Monday-Friday, ~9am-5pm, where individuals take on the role of a VC/PE investor at Venture University’s investment fund. A part-time program option is also available for select individuals that can commit to at least three days per week, who may currently be in an undergrad or graduate program, or who have a flexible work schedule.
- Individuals also participate in an Academic Program: 1) a one week academic investment intensive course, “Inside The Mind of a VC”, and 2) Academic Night Modules that are 1-4hrs long and go deep into the topics of venture capital, private equity, and entrepreneurship.
- Deal source from accelerators, seed funds, venture funds, private equity funds, startup founders, and strategics
- Attend VC / Startup networking events
- Review pitch decks, meet with companies, conduct due diligence, put together investment evaluations and recommendations, participate on investment committees, and support portfolio companies
- Make investments during the program, investing $20K-$1M+ in each company, and have the ability to source and invest additional capital in portfolio companies
- Individuals in the Investment Apprenticeship Program are offered a Profit Sharing Agreement to benefit from the financial upside from the investments made
Location & Requirements:
- You are applying for the VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship Program based in San Francisco
- You must be located in or move to San Francisco during the program period
Eligibility (Must meet one or more of the below criteria):
- Individuals with extraordinary abilities & exceptional achievements: Individuals who have gone against the odds with spectacular success and/or failure, created something from nothing, executed something to a large scale with limited resources, uncovered and leveraged secrets within market dynamics, acted in creative ways and built solutions to hard problems
- Undergrad or graduate student at top colleges, universities, or master’s programs: MBA, J.D., MS, etc.
- Post-Graduate & Experienced Professionals: 1) 1-3yrs doing investment banking and/or consulting, 2) working within corporate business development, innovation, or corporate VC, or 3) working at a startup or innovative corporation, or founder of a startup
- Angel investors, individuals at family wealth offices, individuals looking to launch their own investment fund or corporate VC, looking to improve and professionalize their investment strategy and skills
- The Venture Capital & Private Equity Investment Apprenticeship Program is unpaid and includes a cost to participate. Individuals accepted into the Investment Apprenticeship Program receive a Profit Sharing Agreement to benefit from the financial upside from the investments made, which has the potential to return none, some, all, or more than the total cost of the program.
If interested, please apply here.