IMPORTANT: We are only looking for current or newly graduated students who can be available to work with us for 8-12 months starting in September 2019 (latest October 2019). Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
We are currently looking for one to two individuals who are highly analytical and deeply passionate about fintech to join our team in Toronto or Montreal as an Intern, Investments Team. This person will play a pivotal role in supporting our team to find and evaluate transformative, breakthrough companies in financial services.
- Support portfolio and fund analysis including tracking our pipeline and consolidating KPIs across portfolios;
- Work with our portfolio companies to support them on strategic initiatives;
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis (e.g., market sizing, analyzing survey data, pricing analysis, web analytics data);
- Deeply understand the metrics of our portfolio companies and how they trend over time;
- Support fund operations including writing quarterly LP reports on new investments and our pipeline;
- Conduct financial, market and company diligence on new potential investments; desk research on industries and trends.
- A strong passion and /or interest in financial services and technology;
- Self-starter – able to take initiative, prioritize and run on own with limited guidance;
- Comfortable with ambiguity and in an entrepreneurial environment where things change constantly;
- Organized with a high attention to detail;
- Comfort in structuring quantitative analysis; not quantum physics, but you should love numbers (we all do!);
- Team player – happy to do whatever is required to support team;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize and articulate thoughts about companies and markets concisely;
About Portag3 Ventures
Portag3 Ventures, the venture capital arm of multi-asset class alternative investment platform Sagard Holdings, is an early-stage investor dedicated to backing the next generation of innovative, global financial services companies working to benefit all consumers. With its longer-term commitments combined with its industry intelligence and operational expertise, Portag3 is the ideal partner for the bold and ambitious entrepreneur. Initially formed in 2016 as part of the Power Financial Corporation ecosystem in affiliation with Great-West Lifeco and IGM Financial Inc., Portag3 has since welcomed external investors to establish a leading, interconnected fintech ecosystem that successfully scales portfolio companies, shares key market insights, and leverages collective distribution power to drive financial services innovation across the globe. In addition to venture investing, Portag3 also seeks to help found global champions in financial services in partnership with fintech incubator Diagram Ventures. Portag3 today has a presence in Toronto, Montreal, New York, Europe and Southeast Asia. For more information, please visit http://p3vc.com.
If interested, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Jake Bodanis – email@example.com