- 2+ years of investment banking, venture capital / private equity, consulting or product management experience preferred
- 2 or more years of working at a tech company in a PAM type role with a good sense of tech knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting and key operational metrics
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker and recognizes what is best for the business
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, experience working with executives and a sophisticated and well-connected, worldly businessperson
- Excited about the future of technology, financial services and commerce enablement
- A Team player who is pro-active, assertive, action oriented, anticipates needs, and is highly accountable
Job_Description_Summary: The Ventures Intern will report to the Investment Partner of PayPal Ventures and will spend 3 days a week in our San Francisco office and 2 days a week in our San Jose office. Involved in helping the team source deals for the investment team as well as investigate and research areas where we should be exploring and helping identify investment targets. Assist the operating team in the diligence process on potential portfolio companies as well as helping manage our current portfolio and their requirements. Assist in creating our Quarterly Ventures report that is shared with the executive at PayPal. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about corporate Venture Capital within a successful and very active team.
Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If interested, please apply here.