Established in 2010, Paua has built its way up to becoming a leading tech investor in Berlin. Our portfolio includes companies in different growth stages from all over Europe. Paua’s approach as a VC is very service-oriented, providing full support through a proactive partnership, e.g. operational benchmarking with the portfolio, selective business development, support in HR processes, assistance in recruiting and more.
We are a small ambitious and expanding team, that values a great working culture and who’s daily work is characterized by flat hierarchies and open communication. Working alongside our partners you will get to know the exciting and highly challenging work of a Venture Capital in Berlin and be in charge of your own projects from start to finish line. We offer this internship for a timespan of at least 3 months.
What awaits you
- You will assist the partners and investment-team in the deal-flow processes up to the negotiations with potential portfolio companies
- You will take care of the valuation and analysis of potential investment cases as well as related market-, industry- and technology deep-dives
- You will proactively research and analyse market and industry trends to identify the best early stage companies and founding teams
- You will give operative support to portfolio companies in online marketing, company building, business development and sales
- You will create investment proposals and presentations for internal and external use
What we expect
- Enrollment in a top-tier university program related to finance, business or engineering
- First experiences in high-growth startups, venture capital and private-equity or in other fast-paced environments within investment banking, strategy-consulting or later stage tech
- Deep understanding of digital business-models combined with the analytical skill-set for data-based evaluation
- Humble team players only
- Excellent command of English and strong interpersonal and digital communication skills
- If our offer did wake your interest and your profile matches our expectations, we are looking forward to receiving your application including your curriculum vitae, cover letter and grade reports. Please also tell us your preferred time period for the internship.
As our internship program offers valuable hands-on experience, we designed a selection process to identify high potential candidates to join us.
After a first screening of your application, the first step of our interview process will be a phone interview with our Associate Björn Müller. Should you pass step one, next you will be given a homework in order to test your analytical skills and judgement of business models. Have you passed step two, we would like to get an idea of your ability to juggle with stats and numbers in our excel challenge. Having completed both assignments successfully, you will be invited to an interview with Christian Buchenau, Founder and Partner, to wrap up the whole process and to convince us that you’re the perfect fit for our VC Internship Program.
If interested, please apply here.