ORIX USA (“ORIX”) is seeking candidates to participate in The Bridge Internship Program during the summer of 2020. The Analyst Intern will be a part of the ORIX Growth Capital (“OGC”) team. OGC leverages the broader ORIX direct investing platform to bring our leading financing capabilities of debt and equity capital to high growth technology companies. The Analyst Intern position will play a meaningful role in researching the technology and venture markets, identifying new growth company prospects, assisting in underwriting new investments, and monitoring existing investments. ORIX’s summer Intern will be exposed to all levels of leadership within ORIX and will be introduced to various market participants in the Dallas/Ft. Worth region.
ORIX strives to provide an environment that will challenge, train, and equip the ideal candidate for a career in our industry upon graduation. Each intern will be a part of a specified team through participation in this ten-week internship program. Although The Bridge Internship Program is not a rotational program, each intern is expected to have additional opportunities to interact with other groups and employees within ORIX.
The interns will play a meaningful role in areas such as researching the markets, assisting in underwriting new investments, and monitoring existing investments. ORIX’s intern class will be exposed to all levels of leadership within ORIX and will be introduced to various market participants in their respective region.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Research macro investment and sector trends in the technology and venture capital sector
- Distill research into written commentary for OGC team members and others within ORIX
- Assist in the underwriting of new debt and equity investments through financial modeling and transaction specific research and due diligence
- Assist in the preparation of investment committee memos
- Investment research support
- Support of on-going investment monitoring
- Work professionally and harmoniously with team and coworkers
- Other projects and duties as assigned
This position has frequent contact with all levels of employees and management. In addition, this role may interact with outside business partners, vendors, consultants, and other office visitors.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Current undergraduate students who are entering into their senior year of study
- Current graduate student with a business curriculum, MBA, or related field of study
- Possess a strong desire for a career in relevant business unit or team requirements, and will have completed relevant course work
- Working knowledge and understanding of financial modeling; basic Excel modeling skills are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments, and to meet established deadlines
- Skilled in being a motivated, self-starter and team player; strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of records and to use discretion in the performance of daily activities
- Professional business image and excellent command of the English language, both verbally and in writing (spelling, grammar, and punctuation)
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a high-performance team
If interested, please apply here.