This unpaid position is open to current students who receive course credit from their university.
One Way Ventures is an emerging seed stage venture capital firm dedicated to immigrant led startups. Founded in 2017, the fund aspires to be the most valuable investment partner to extraordinary founders with compelling immigration stories determined to create world class companies. The Summer Analyst/Associate will have an unique opportunity to work closely with the investment team to engage in fund operations and fundamental investment activities such as deal sourcing, diligence and on-going portfolio support.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for candidates with a “whatever it takes” mindset who come from a variety of backgrounds who will complement each other this summer. Our summer interns will have the following roles and responsibilities.
- Market Research: Help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal sourcing: Be our ears and eyes and the firm’s best ambassador in the startup ecosystem (think Boston and beyond)
- Marketing: Build presence through social media and targeted awareness activities
- Deal screening: Call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: Summarize notes, enter deals into CRM, prepare investment memos
- Due Diligence: Assist team in gathering information about the target company
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – SUMMER ANALYST
- Undergraduate student eligible to receive course credit for the internship
- An entrepreneurial, energetic, and proactive attitude
- Outstanding analytical skills and detail-orientation
- Some experience with spreadsheet and presentation software
- Fluency with creating content in social media outlets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior internship experience preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – SUMMER ASSOCIATE
In addition to what we look for in our Summer Analysts, we expect our Summer Associates to have the following skills and experience:
- Graduate student eligible to receive course credit for the internship
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- A confident demeanor and willingness to mentor Summer Analysts
- Prior startup experience preferred
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Program Dates: June to August (flexible)
Time Commitment: Part Time (minimum 3 days in the office per week) for at least 12 weeks
Location: All candidates must be able to work in our Boston, MA office.
Compensation: This unpaid position is open to current students who receive course credit from their university.
Process: Our team will begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis starting early April 2018. Qualified candidates will be invited to a phone interview followed by an in person interview at our offices.
If interested, please apply here.