The Business Development team is seeking strong candidates for an internship in our New York office. This position will allow a student to work in a professional setting for a growing social enterprise. It will primarily focus on the systems and structures that need to be in place to support a global business development team, providing the opportunity to become fluent in foundational aspects of any nonprofit development department.
- Donor and prospect research
- Conduct targeted research on existing donors and prospects.
- Analyze and synthesize demographic, philanthropic and financial data about individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Become familiar with the Business Development team’s Research Protocol, Research Tracker, and online prospecting tools, and fulfill team-wide requests accordingly.
- Data entry for prospect pipeline project – Use excel to enter, clean and code prospect research data.
- Coordinate logistics of quarterly renewal – Manage mail merges, printing, and assembly of One Acre Fund’s Q2 solicitation mailing. Further coordination opportunities available for candidates with past development experience.
- Technical updates – Work with team to update information in our Salesforce database.
- Assist in general Business Development functions – Support a variety of projects, including Gala preparation (event planning) and donor communications.
- Pipeline Development ‘Lab’ – Offer research, writing and logistical support to the team’s efforts to trial novel pipeline development strategies.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for a competitive internship position. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional graduates or students with at least three years of university coursework completed. (Bachelors or Masters).
- Strong work experience. Examples include summer jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school.
- Past research experience, including proven success analyzing and synthesizing data (donor research experience preferred)
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, with prior experience using Excel and Word to successfully complete mail merges.
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate students that combine strong leadership skills with patience and a humble approach to service.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks with different Business Development team members.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team depending on the project
- Language: English required
If interested, please apply here.