Octopus (Linkedin, Crunchbase) is a leading London and New York based venture capital investor. We invest from Seed to Series C and seek unusually talented entrepreneurs intent on building big businesses. We are a tight knit team with the singular goal of being the most valued partner to the businesses we back. We’d love for you to join us!
You will join our New York office on a full-time basis for around 6 months. You will support a variety of exceptional founders in different ways day to day.
Your primary focus will be around identifying, researching and communicating best practice for successful market entry into the US to our portfolio of 60+ companies. You will find ways to unleash the strategies, best practices, quick hacks and bear-traps-to-avoid trapped inside the best and brightest minds in tech.
You will also help our portfolio companies meet the challenges of scaling their businesses in the US by building a relevant network of executives, service providers, corporates and growth stage investors.
You will help organise meaningful events for our portfolio, and bring leaders together to share what they know. You will always be learning. One of your biggest challenges will be how to operationalize this transfer of knowledge and facilitate knowledge share to and from time-strapped founders.
You will help out on other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of Octopus Ventures – some of which we don’t know about yet, and some of which you will help to define. You will work seamlessly with our team in London but you will not be asked to look for potential new investment opportunities.
- You are ambitious and flexible, prepared to frequently step out of your comfort zone, work hard to deliver the team’s goals, and have a desire to create a positive, happy work environment.
- You are personable, engaging and able to build relationships quickly and easily.
- You are able to research, assimilate and communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly in writing and verbally. You will see the big picture, you’ll sweat the tiniest details though.
- You are very organized, are comfortable working on your own and within a team, and engaging in multiple projects at any one time.
- You are a leader, and are able initiate change with an ability to listen, counsel and coach.
- You will have had exposure to the technology industry within a startup, leading technology company or consultancy.
- You have an outstanding network in the US startup scene.
- You graduated from a leading university with an excellent academic record.
If Interested, please apply here.