ovel Growth Partners (www.novelgp.com) is a Kansas City revenue-based investment fund with a mission to improve access to capital for technology companies in underserved markets. Novel’s fund is focused on investing in growing enterprise software companies in the middle of the country. Our approach is unique because we provide financing to companies that don’t fit the traditional venture capital equity model but can leverage capital to drive stable growth.
Strong candidates will have finance, consulting, strategy, or corporate development experience and find intrinsic reward in an unstructured environment where individuals own their actions and have outsized impact. This role requires that you can function with the highest level of integrity within a highly confidential environment. You must believe in and demonstrate the utmost respect and empathy for all entrepreneurs and their work. If you are looking for a chance to “break into” venture capital, this is your opportunity!
The Intern will work directly with the managing directors and will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate communication with portfolio companies.
- Identify content and best practices relevant to portfolio companies.
- Manage on-boarding process for new portfolio companies.
- Collect and analyze portfolio company metrics.
- Help develop and manage a portfolio company community.
- Pursuing an MBA, Marketing, or Finance-related degree.
- Proven and engaged leader in academics, volunteer work and/or extra-curricular activities.
- BA/BS degree in a Business, Science, Technology, Engineering or Math field.
- Excellent financial analysis and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Strong project management skills and task focus when given multiple assignments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Personal connection with entrepreneurship.
- Live in the Kansas City area
Cover Letter highlighting why you are interested in Novel and why you believe you are a good match for the position is required.
Part-Time Paid Position
If interested, please apply here.