Novel Growth Partners (www.novelgp.com) is a Kansas City revenue-based fund with a mission to improve access to capital for technology companies in underserved markets. Novel’s fund is focused on investing in growing enterprise software companies in the middle of the country. Our approach is unique because we provide financing to companies that don’t fit the traditional venture-capital equity model.
In this role you will help create and execute a strategy that increases awareness and drives engagement with early stage technology entrepreneurs. You will have the opportunity to create, improve and maintain digital marketing activities to help us build our portfolio. You will be responsible for creating and measuring the outcomes of your strategy used to raise brand awareness, engagement, and portfolio growth.
Our ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial student or graduate that is excited by the opportunity to be part of a fast-growing venture firm. The selected candidate will have an opportunity to curate the voice and messaging of Novel to reach our entrepreneurial audience and improve our current digital presence.
Strong candidates will find intrinsic reward in an unstructured environment where individuals own their actions and have outsized impact. This role requires that you can function with the highest level of integrity within a highly confidential environment. You must believe in and demonstrate the utmost respect and empathy for all entrepreneurs and their work. If you are looking for a chance to “break into” venture capital, this is your opportunity!
The Intern will work directly with the managing directors and analysts and will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify a digital marketing strategy and the best channels and tools to invest time/money in and create an execution plan to reach prospective portfolio companies
- Create compelling content (e.g. emails, social ads) and creative outreach strategies that generate portfolio company leads
- Manage integrated marketing campaigns across email, website, & social channels targeted to early stage entrepreneurs
- Increase entrepreneur and venture partner engagement
- Selection and management of freelancers
- Targeted social media content creation
- Must live in the Kansas City area
We expect the candidate to be available a minimum of 20 hours per week but we are flexible with the internship schedule.
If interested, please apply here.