Novel Growth Partners (www.novelgp.com) is a Kansas City revenue-based fund with a mission to improve access to capital for technology companies in underserved markets. Novel’s fund is focused on investing in growing tech companies in the middle of the country. Our approach is unique because we provide financing to companies that don’t fit the traditional venture-capital model but can leverage targeted amounts of capital to drive stable growth.
Strong candidates will have finance, consulting, strategy, or corporate development experience and find intrinsic reward in an unstructured environment where individuals own their actions and have outsized impact. This role requires that you can function with the highest level of integrity within a highly confidential environment. You must believe in and demonstrate the utmost respect and empathy for all entrepreneurs and their work. If you are looking for a chance to “break into” venture capital, this is your opportunity!
The Intern will work directly with the managing directors and will have the following responsibilities:
- Source, analyze and prioritize a dynamic dataset of investment opportunities in our scope of geography and industry.
- Play a key role in contributing to our deal evaluation process including competitive analysis, financial analysis, pro forma modeling, market sizing and various other investment related items.
- Gather and analyze information from reliable public and private sources to inform our decision-making process.
- Rapidly develop a clear understanding of industries and technologies related to our deal pipeline and our investment structure.
- Develop dashboards and metrics that provide insights for the investment team to create processes to streamline the investment process.
- Contribute to fund marketing efforts directed to both our external community and to our investors.
- Facilitate communication and outreach between fund managers and entrepreneurs/investors.
- Pursuing an MBA, Marketing, or Finance-related degree.
- Proven and engaged leader in academics, volunteer work and/or extra-curricular activities.
- BA/BS degree in a Business, Science, Technology, Engineering or Math field.
- Excellent financial modeling and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Strong project and task focus and management skills when given multiple assignments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If interested, please apply here.