Morningside is looking for a summer intern in the Beijing office. The ideal candidate will work closely with the deal team in all aspects of investment phases including deal sourcing, opportunity screening, investment analysis and deal execution. The intern is also expected to lead the creation of new investment thesis by conducting thorough industry research and interviews.
Morningside Venture Capital is one of China’s earliest early-stage venture investors with $1.7B AUM including four USD funds and one RMB fund, Successful investments include Sohu.com (NASDAQ:SOHU), Ctrip.com (NASDAQ:CTRP), the 9 (NASDAQ:NCTY), China Distance Education (NYSE:DL), Xunlei (NASDAQ:XNET), Phoenix New Media (NYSE:FENG), UCWeb, YY (NASDAQ:YY ), Xiaomi, Kuaishou, Souche and more. Morningside has offices in Shanghai, Beijing, and Hong Kong.
- A bachelor’s degree or above from a top-tier university. Prefer degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or other science/engineering related field.
- Prior experience in product management/engineering/venture capital/private equity/management consulting or as an entrepreneur.
- Passionate about tech with a good sense of business acumen.
- Critical thinker with the ability to develop non-conventional view or thesis.
- Familiarity with one of the start-up ecosystems (Silicon Valley, US East Coast, China, India).
- Fluent in Mandarin speaking & reading. Fluent in Hindi for candidate with Indian background.
- Available at least 2 months in the summer of 2018.
If interested, please contact Peter Chen – email@example.com