Morningside is looking for a summer intern at the Beijing office. The ideal candidate will work closely with the deal team in all aspects of investment phases including deal sourcing, opportunity screening, investment analysis and deal execution. The intern is also expected to lead the creation of a new investment thesis by conducting thorough industry research and interviews.
Morningside Venture Capital is one of China’s leading early-stage venture investors with $3B AUM including five USD funds and one RMB fund, Successful investments include Sohu.com, Ctrip.com, The9, China Distance Education, Target Media, Xunlei, Phoenix New Media, UCWeb, YY, Da Huang Feng, Musical.ly, Huami, OneSmart International Education, Huya, Xiaomi, Viomi, Kingsoft Office, etc. Morningside’s investment portfolio also includes excellent fast-growing companies such as Kuaishou, We Doctor Group, SenseTime, Xiaopeng Motors, Souche, Horizon Robotics, Bigo, AiHuiShou, Xiaozhu, MaiMai, SmartMi,Pony.AI, Keep, Agora and etc.
- Highly motivated self-starter. Enjoy working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Prefer degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or other science/engineering related fields.
- Experience in product management/engineering/venture capital or as an entrepreneur.
- Passionate about tech with a good sense of business acumen.
- Critical thinker with the ability to develop a non-conventional view or thesis.
- Familiarity with one of the start-up ecosystems (Silicon Valley, US East Coast, China).
- Native speakers in Mandarin speaking & reading.
- Available at least 2 months during the summer of 2020.
If interested, please contact Peter Chen: firstname.lastname@example.org