Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry’s leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research – Where Successful People Want To Work
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research’s success, this philosophy starts with you.
Lam Capital, the venture arm of Lam Research, drives growth by identifying strategic investment opportunities across both existing and future markets. We focus primarily on early-stage investments in the semiconductor, industry 4.0, and life sciences ecosystems.
We are looking for analytically-focused summer interns to support ongoing venture investment activities. This internship will be based out of our Fremont headquarters and will last 8-12 weeks, with flexible work hours, between the months of May and September 2019.
As an intern on our team you will have the opportunity to support investments in innovative companies that are addressing some of today’s most challenging, high-impact problems. Your role will expose you to all aspects of the investment process from deal sourcing to diligence and execution.
This position requires strong analytical and communication skills, and a high level of attention to detail. You should be prepared to work collaboratively in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
- Conduct deal sourcing and market research
- Assist with due diligence and the evaluation of investment opportunities
- Manage executive dashboards and investment portfolio reports
- Support ongoing internal productivity projects
- Currently pursuing an MBA with a focus on financial or quantitative coursework
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop detailed financial models including projections, valuation and investment returns highly desired
- Must be able to work effectively in a team-setting
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
- Prior institutional and/or corporate venture capital experience
- Prior experience within semiconductor, life sciences, and/or industrial automation industries
If interested, please apply here.