KPN has a leading position in the Dutch ICT market, providing mobile and fixed voice and data communication services, media & entertainment applications and IT services to millions of consumers and businesses. KPN is actively investing in building new businesses in emerging market segments such as Internet of Things, Smart Home, Digital Healthcare, Cyber security, Identity & Transactions, Over-the-top (OTT) services, Cloud Computing and Data services.
In 2015, KPN started KPN Ventures, aiming to invest in and partner with tech start-ups and scale-ups and create value beyond financial return, through KPN’s expertise, network, infrastructure and customer access. The KPN Ventures team scouts, analyses and executes financial investments in European technology companies in the growth segments mentioned above, and supports portfolio companies, KPN BU’s and KPN’s innovation ecosystem partners in creating valuable commercial and strategic partnerships. For the KPN Ventures team we are looking for a full-time intern: Junior Investment Analyst (M/F).
To Do This, You
- Support the assessment of investment opportunities (screening business plans, including financial analysis and competition/market analysis) and the potential to create valuable partnerships with KPN and its innovation ecosystem partners
- Provide overall support to the investment process and portfolio management process, including documentation, reporting and project management tooling
- Support with writing Industry & Market analysis reports (external publications)
- Attend multiple networking events to promote KPN Ventures and to connect with entrepreneurs and investors
- Help KPN in organizing innovation events
- Take care of KPN Ventures PR (website, newsletter)
Collaborate with your new colleagues.
Your colleagues are always open for brainstorming and assist you with doing your daily job. After your internship you will have a good understanding what it is like to work in (Corporate) Venture Capital. You will have lots of responsibility and we appreciate it if you come up with new ideas or projects.
We do we expect from you?
- Academic (wo) level, bachelor (year 3) or master student, preferably business, finance, computer science or engineering education
- Previous experience in consulting, business development, or working at a startup is a plus
- Experience in and/or clear affinity with (digital) technology and entrepreneurship
- Practical team player, analytical, self-starter and result-oriented
- Fluent in English; (basic) understanding of Dutch helps, but is not required
What do we offer?
- Work in a challenging, innovative market at a telecom & ICT market leader in The Netherlands working at the forefront of innovation
- Work in a small, high-performing team, directly under board level, and cooperate with experts and business owner throughout KPN and its innovation ecosystem
- Engaging with entrepreneurs and tech start-ups in emerging market segments with high potential impact
- 40-hour week, € 500,- per month expense allowance + travel allowance
- After your internship you have to opportunity to apply for KPN’s Young Talent Program.
We are KPN.
We increasingly live and work live in the cloud. Devices communicate with each other via the Internet of Things. Our smartphones put the whole world at our fingertips. And the best thing is: it’s only just beginning. The new possibilities are endless, and at KPN you will be at the forefront. Every day, you will work on putting more fun, freedom and convenience into the lives of our more than 5 million customers, your own life, and the Netherlands in general.
It’s just the start.
For questions: please contact Lisa de Kok via 06 22 29 76 40 of via email@example.com. For applications, click on the blue button on the right.
Good To Know
- A maximum of two interviews
- Position to be fulfilled as soon as possible, preferably early or mid-September. We encourage you to apply even if you are not able to start in such short notice.
If interested, please apply here.