We are looking for a Summer Associate/Intern, Pension Investments Worldwide supporting our Corporate Finance Group in Rochester, NY
As a Summer Associate in the Pension Investments group, you will have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to the management of a diverse $4 billion portfolio of sophisticated investments including hedge funds, private equity, venture capital and real estate.
The Pension Investments team manages nearly $4 billion of defined-benefit retirement assets worldwide. In addition, the team provides oversight of the company’s 401(k) defined-contribution plans, which currently comprises $3 billion in employee-directed investments. Kodak’s pension investment portfolios are highly complex, creative and progressive. The asset allocation for these plans is somewhat different as compared to a typical corporate plan but has provided superior returns over the long term and has been recognized as such for its excellence. The plans are invested entirely with outside managers selected by the Pension Investments team.
What will you learn?
- How to allocate a portfolio of investments intended to satisfy the long-term pension needs of over 50 thousand retirees and active participants.
- How investment strategies including hedge funds, private equity and liability hedging are used to manage a pension portfolio.
- How to source, evaluate and monitor investment managers.
- The legal, accounting and operational challenges that are presented by a diverse and complex investment portfolio.
- How a pension plan impacts and interacts with the company that sponsors it.
What will you work on?
- Maintain investment manager relationships, to include update calls and in person visits.
- Source and analyze prospective investments across all geographies and strategies.
- Gather and analyze data relevant to current and prospective investments to help the team make better investment decisions.
- Populate and maintain our databases of investment information. Model expected cash flows from our portfolio of private investments.
Required Knowledge/Skills & Experience:
- Candidate must be available to work full time during the summer, 8-12 weeks in duration.
- Must be a current full-time student pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree.
- Significant interest in investment management is required, investment management experience, either personal or professional, is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and strong analytical ability.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
- Pro-active, high energy and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an independent manner.
- Strong Excel skills. Ability to quickly master new software systems.
If interested, please apply here.