The IONIQ Group is an internationally active platform-builder with the mission of shaping Europe’s digital future. In pursuing this goal, IONIQ has proceeded industry by industry: in 2011, IONIQ started with the data and advertising market, building internationally successful companies like Zeotap in the process. From 2014 on, IONIQ developed Europe’s leading fintech platform, finleap. Since 2017, IONIQ is driving the digitalization of healthcare with its digital health platform Heartbeat Labs. To date, IONIQ Group has built more than 25 companies with over 1,500 employees in more than 10 locations globally. IONIQ Group was founded in 2011 as HitFox GmbH.
To support our Group’s Strategy & Value Creation team in Berlin, we are currently looking for a high profile Venture Capital Intern (m/f/d). Preferably for the time period of six months starting in April 2020.
- Supporting our ventures with creating analyses, pitch decks and business plans
- Evaluating financial performance (key metrics, trends, capital needs), ensuring accuracy and validity of data
- Researching various sectors and subsectors within our verticals, writing reports and providing deep dive analyses
- Analysing findings to present and discuss within the investment team
- Evaluating new venture ideas in close collaboration with our business development and industry experts
- Reviewing investment pitches and business plans, analysing company’s positioning and developing a sharp understanding of critical success factors for the business
- Assisting in preparing material for presentations to senior executives
- Bachelor/Master degree from a top-tier university with excellent academic results
- First relevant experience in strategy consulting, venture capital or M&A
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to think critically and in a considered manner in order to assess business opportunities and business strategies
- A comprehensive understanding of profit & loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Proficiency with MS Office products, in particular Power Point and Microsoft Excel
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment handling multiple workstreams independently at any given time
- High motivation to work on complex transactions and/or strategic topics and to go the extra mile with the team
WHAT WE OFFER
- Experience entrepreneurship first-hand, work with founders and our senior executives on a daily basis and become part of one of Germany’s most renowned start-up networks
- Exposure to the whole range of transactions, from seed investments over financing rounds of all kinds, to large-scale M&A
- Work with an innovative and dynamic team with many opportunities for personal and professional growth
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team and strong personal development. Sounds interesting? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your CV and all relevant working documents online.
If interested, please apply here.