- Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a nonexempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school. You will assist in developing sports analytics proof of concepts. Specific responsibilities will include formulating metrics and tracking metrics to evaluate performance proposing novel solutions to current pain points presenting progress to stakeholders and proposing potential avenues of improvement to the group.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor in Mathematics, computer science, or engineering.
- Excellent Programming skills
- Strong understanding of statistics
- Experience analyzing metadata collected from sporting events, and preparing reports based on such analysis.
- Experience working with machine learning techniques on sports-based metadata is highly desirable.
- Experience working on an interdisciplinary proof of concept team, in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s strategic equity investment group, Intel Capital, manages one of the largest corporate venture programs in the technology segment, with worldwide investments and support. Holding equity stakes in more than 550 companies worldwide, Intel’s investments outside of the United States span over more than 20 countries across 5 continents. Intel Capital is responsible for investing in technology companies to increase demand for existing products and services, ultimately expanding new business objectives for Intel.
If interested, please apply here.