Impression Ventures is hiring a Venture Capital Intern to join our team for Summer 2020. The internship is anticipated to run between June to August (flexible start and end dates) and will be fully remote.
Impression Ventures is focused on investing in early stage startups disrupting all aspects of financial services. On its third fund, Impression takes an active role in investing smart money into late-Seed and early Series A companies. Originating in Toronto, the firm has established an investment presence across Canada and in the US. It provides strategic value to all its stakeholders from Limited Partners to the portfolio companies it works with.
Impression is currently hiring for the role of Summer Intern to assist in research projects and support internal operations. This individual will also have the opportunity to support strategic initiatives. She or he must be highly self-motivated with deep interest in fintech startups and impressive interpersonal skills. Analytical, flexible and confident, this individual will require little oversight with all aspects of the firm’s operations.
- Assist in developing new framework for prospective companies and tracking existing company developments
- Conduct strategic primary and secondary research on relevant industries, events and companies. Summarize findings in concise and impactful reports
- Support data entry and deal flow entry into CRM software
- Must have completed two years of undergraduate, preferably STEM and/or Commerce
- Previous work experience in investment banking, investment management, consulting, and/or startup environment preferred
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in G-Suite products (Google Slides, Google Docs)
- Strong quantitative background and exposure to financial modeling
- Outstanding verbal and written skills
- Demonstrable strategic development, decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship
- Please send your resume and cover letter with the subject line “INTERNSHIP” to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration by Friday, May 29, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the deadline
- In your cover letter, please provide: (i) relevant experience, (ii) your favorite fintech subsector, and (iii) one interesting seed fintech company
- Successful candidates will be contacted for a phone interview