An internship with Connecticut Innovations, Inc. “CI” is an exciting opportunity for a potential intern “Intern” to gain valuable experience in a unique, innovative work environment. CI is a strategic venture capital firm and the leading source of financing and ongoing support to emerging technology companies.
The Intern will work in a collaborative environment on investments, projects and programs related to venture, investments and finance in the furtherance of CI’s programs and operations. The intern will work with CI portfolio companies and prospects that are in the healthcare/bioscience fields. The Intern will work for the venture team, deal managers and associates. We are seeking MBA or Ph.D. students with a strong interest in venture capital with a desire to match his/her academic work with professional work experience. Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating curriculum, research and/or practical experience in these areas, and enrolled in a Connecticut college or university or a resident of Connecticut. The Intern will be a fully participating member of the CI team. Individual responsibilities may include:
- Data collection and analysis of portfolio activity
- Cash flow modeling for individual projects, programs, or investments
- Research and document preparation for external and internal stakeholder meetings
- Assistance with initial assessments of applicant’s business plans in relation to CI investment criteria
- Assistance with regard to “due diligence” activities to obtain and analyze pertinent information relative to the applicant’s management, market, technology, products, competitors, financial history and projections, and business strategy and plan
- Assistance in preparing analyses and presentations to the CI Investment Committee
- Assistance with investment monitoring activities such as financial analysis, market research, etc.
- Participation in business development activities
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Current matriculation in a master’s or other post graduate degree program relevant to venture/investment professions; Ph.D. students with industry experience also desirable.
- Applicants must have prior experience working in a healthcare start-up and/or bioscience entity; demonstrated interest in venture/investments through their coursework, and/or extracurricular activities, a plus
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP, LOCATION
We are offering a paid internship beginning May/June 2020 – August 2020. The Intern will report to our main office located in Rocky Hill on a full-time basis. Some travel may be required.
Closing Date: January 24, 2020 or until qualified candidates are identified
If interested, please apply here.