Great North Labs is an early-stage venture capital firm investing in scalable startups in the Upper Midwest. The fund is managed by successful local tech entrepreneurs and linked with a network of accomplished advisors across a variety of industries. We apply capital, operating experience, relationships, and market intelligence to cultivate the next generation of leading tech companies across the Upper Midwest.
As a Venture Capital Analyst Intern you will evaluate technology investments across a range of vertical and regional geographic markets, network with startup founders, build financial models and develop investment theses.
- Identify, contact and assist in structuring investments
- Deal sourcing, due diligence and on-going portfolio support
- Assist in review of potential new investments, including research into new markets and industry trends, financial modeling, returns analysis and company valuation
- Develop presentation materials for the firm, portfolio companies and management teams at prospective companies
- Represent Great North Labs at industry conferences
- Travel with senior members of the firm to meet with founders at prospective companies across the region
- Handle accounting tasks (bookkeeping, budgeting, etc)
This is a paid contract position with a flexible start date.
The position location will be in Minneapolis, with much of the work remote.
If interested, please apply here.