Global X Ventures is a startup studio and venture capital fund. We exist to advocate the up and coming age of originators by uniting world-class ability, enormous thoughts, and venture capital.
Our biological system is an enthusiastic and incredible system of professional athletes, entertainers, and CEO’s.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in this industry.
Your role long-term will be focused on recruiting companies into the accelerator and fund, startup founder development and coaching, leading and managing investments, and establishing a strong culture and vision for our portfolio companies. The area of responsibility for this role is wide and requires a thorough knowledge of various startup processes, industries, markets, fields, and skill-sets from both a strategic and execution standpoint.
Over time, your success will be measured by 4 key metrics in this order:
1. Ability to assist in fundraising capital to deploy in the fund
2. Ability to bring on additional partners and co-investors
3. Ability to coach, train, and mentor startups to success
4. Ability to recruit and source deal-flow from your network
Who We’re Looking For
- 1+ years of direct entrepreneur and startup experience; or 2+ years of experience from investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or angel investing (preference to exited entrepreneurs and angels with successful portfolios)
- Ability to develop relationships and make connections with anyone, anywhere
- Ability to google, learn independently, and solve roadblocks without handholding
- Personality type that talks to people on elevators and “owns” networking events
- Deep understanding of the startup processes, businesses, and their dynamics
- Proven track record in selling, communication, and expert negotiation skills
- A commitment to excellent “service” to deliver quality mentorship and coaching
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in closing deals
- Excellent time management and organizational skills- not just personally but as a leader
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills, openness to feedback, and ability to grow
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with the ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment whether in-house or remote
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, LinkedIn Navigator, CRM Tools, G-Drive
- Preferred experience in basic automation and CRM’s like Close.io, Pipedrive, Salesforce, etc.
- Part-Time Role. As a contractor of the company, you will be responsible for your own medical benefits, taxes, office, and other expenses, unless deemed expense-able otherwise.
What You’ll Do
- Achieve agreed upon personal and fund targets, quotas, and outcomes within schedule
- Reach out to prospect investment leads through email, LinkedIn, events, conferences, and calls
- Qualify leads, research accounts, and generate, or follow through fund investment leads
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business, partner, and portfolio relationships
- Analyze startup market potential, track portfolio growth, and cohort status reports
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends in the market for startups and venture
- Continuously improve through feedback and coaching with management and team to grow
- Build reports on portfolio needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and investment potential
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in the opportunity, please apply here.