Duration: October ‒ December 2018 (may be extended if preferred)
Education: Current Junior or Senior enrolled in a Business degree related program
Compensation: Unpaid; Course credit
Are you looking to leverage your college curriculum and apply your skills to fast-paced, diverse projects? Global Accelerated Ventures (GAV) is looking for an enthusiastic, Business Analyst / Venture CapitalIntern to join our team!
Our ideal candidate will have meaningful exposure to private company investing and a passion for quantitatively and qualitatively evaluating investment opportunities in the venture capital landscape. This internship will propel your career opportunities forward by giving you exposure and real responsibility to make an impact on a growing team.
Our mission is to identify, evaluate and invest in the best early stage companies. As our intern, you will always be learning, and will gain a working knowledge of venture capital, startup development, and general business problem solving skills. You will support portfolio companies by assisting with financial models and researching new opportunities in FinTech.
In this role, you will work to effectively turn business questions into data analysis, and provide meaningful recommendations on strategy. This is a unique role that will focus on your knowledge of data infrastructure and your ability to drive insights. You will participate in and support multi-disciplined product development project teams in support of the organization’s business strategies, with a direct impact on business unit/function overall results.
You will work collaboratively with colleagues to identify and evaluate investment opportunities throughout our due diligence process. You offer advanced quantitative and financial modeling skills, superb critical thinking abilities and sound business judgement. The team will look to you to compile your research and insights that will guide our evaluation of prospective companies.
– Evaluate & analyze potential investment cases as well as related market, industry and technology developments
– Research and identify potential acquisition targets based on GAV’s investment criteria
– Develop investment theses and an understanding of business models for selected targets
– Work cross-functionally on several projects that will create new revenue streams
– Conduct data analysis to make business recommendations (cost-benefit, invest-divest, forecasting, impact analysis, etc.)
– Perform research tasks with the intent of gathering data about the industry, company, and trends
– Create progress reports, identify project milestones & recommend any necessary modifications
– Identify business trends based on key strategic initiatives or leadership requests by utilizing real data, conducting analysis, and compiling useful business reports.
– Assist in other related duties to support team, and meet the ongoing needs of GAV
– Currently reside in Tampa, FL
– Must be able to work 10 – 20 hours weekly
– Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student majoring in a Business or Finance related degree program
– Experience with Microsoft applications; Data entry & computer skills are a MUST
– Ability to multitask, organized & work well independently & in a group setting
– A highly motivated, resourceful individual interested in the fields of private equity & entrepreneurship, along with natural curiosity for how businesses work, and a tenacious attitude towards research
About Global Accelerated Ventures:
Global Accelerated Ventures (GAV) is multinational innovation aggregator ‒ harvesting talent globally, embracing all stakeholders in the value chain, and executes strategic matching, which is beyond reproach. GAV drives communities to embrace “shared economy idealism” and develop sustainable innovation eco-systems.
If interested, please apply here.