GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.\
The Intern will assist the GE Ventures Risk & Finance teams in updating, revising and managing the GEV portfolio model as well as assisting on portfolio data collection, valuation support, pipeline management, FP&A and reporting tools.
By the end of the internship the individual will have developed an understanding of the Ventures investment process, the data analytics and reporting environment as well as overview of the different practice areas and functions across the GEV organization. This role will include both projects as well as ongoing team support. The internship is expected to last 3 months.
- Supporting the FP&A team & finance business leads in general P&L management & tracking
- Update, manage and adapt the overall Portfolio Model to incorporate revised parameters and output requirements to help manage the portfolio.
- Assist in developing and creating reporting tools, metrics and analytics on the pipeline and portfolio to help GEV management direct investments as well as account managers/investors manage the existing portfolio.
- Helping investment practice areas with diligence, process, etc. where necessary;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skillsMinimum 1 years of work experience in preferably in finance, venture capital, strategy consulting at top tier firm, investment banking or portfolio management
- Currently pursuing a business degree
- Experience in finance, portfolio management or Venture Capital is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
If interested, please apply here.