GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Associate Intern will assist the GE Ventures team in evaluating investment opportunities in a specific sector of healthcare. By the end of the internship, the individual will have developed an understanding of a specific area of healthcare, including startups, incumbents, and the investment opportunities associated with the market, and will have summarized the project in a document and presentation for the GE Ventures team.
The Associate Intern will also assist the GE Ventures team on due diligence projects evaluating startups for potential investment. This role is project-based, and is expected to last 3-4 months over the summer of 2018.
- Assess the investment landscape for a given sector of healthcare. This includes determining the performance parameters for products addressing the sector, market size, technology trends, competitive landscape, and investment opportunities
- Carry out secondary research and interview key opinion leaders to gather a well-informed perspective on the segment
- Screen and evaluate all available startups in the given sector and report to senior fund staff on recommendations to pursue specific investments
- Prepare presentations for investment committee and participate in presentation of content with senior GE executives as needed
- Carry out due diligence on potential investments, including market research, financial modeling, competitive analysis, and technology assessments
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in venture capital, strategy consulting at top tier firm, investment banking, healthcare/life sciences product marking, or portfolio management
- Current enrollment in MBA or other graduate degree program, such as an MD or other advanced degree
- Experience in the healthcare industry is strongly desired
- Experience in venture or private equity investing is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Experience building financial models
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping with the ability to translate the results into effective communication tools (presentations, pitches)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
If interested, please apply here.