GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Associate Intern will assist the GE Ventures team on a project evaluating investment opportunities in a specific sector of advanced manufacturing. By the end of the internship, the individual will have developed an understanding of a specific area of advanced manufacturing, including startups, incumbents and the investment opportunities associated with the market; playing a key role in screening, evaluating and conducting diligence on investment opportunities.
- Assist the GE Ventures team on due diligence projects evaluating start-ups for potential investment.
- Assess the investment landscape for a given sector of advanced manufacturing. This includes determining the performance parameters for products addressing the sector, market size, technology trends, competitive landscape, and investment opportunities.
- Perform secondary research and interview key opinion leaders inside and outside GE to gather a well-informed perspective on the segment.
- Screen and evaluate all available start-ups in the given sector and report to senior fund staff on recommendations to pursue specific investments.
- Prepare presentations for investment committee and participate in presentation of content with senior GE executives as needed.
- Execute due diligence on potential investments, including market research, financial modeling, competitive analysis, and technology assessments.
- Must be a full-time, matriculated student at an accredited college or university for the entire internship
- Must be pursuing a degree in Engineering, Technology, Science or related field
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA in the most recent degree completed
- Must meet minimum hour requirements:
- 20 hours per week during school
- 40 hours per week when school is not in session
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market and business analysis and competitive landscaping with the ability to translate the results into effective communication tools (presentations)
- Financial Modeling experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in the engineering and/or manufacturing industry
- Experience in venture or private equity investing, strategy consulting, or investment banking is preferred
- Network of contacts in the venture capital and startup ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn fast and achieve a high level of results
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment for a matrix organization
If interested, please apply here.