GE (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Associate Intern will assist the GE Ventures team in evaluating investment opportunities in digital industrial transformation across electricity generation, delivery and consumption. By the end of the internship, the individual will have developed an understanding of due diligence for venture investing in startups, including assessment of technology, markets, competitive dynamics, and management teams.
The Associate Intern will also gain an appreciation for the strategic return aspect of corporate venture capital. The Associate Intern will assist the GE Ventures team on due diligence projects evaluating markets and specific startups for potential investment. This role is intended to be full-time between the spring and fall terms.
- Assess the investment landscape for a given sector of companies and technology. This includes determining the performance parameters for products/services addressing the sector, market size, technology trends, business model innovation, competitive landscape, and investment opportunities.
- Carry out secondary research and interview key opinion leaders to gather a well-informed perspective on the segment
- Screen and evaluate all available startups in the given sector and report to senior fund staff on recommendations to pursue specific investments
- Prepare presentations for the investment committee and participate in presentation of content with senior GE executives as needed
- Carry out due diligence on potential investments, including market research, financial modeling and valuation, competitive analysis, and technology assessments
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of work experience related to energy in an operating role, venture capital, strategy consulting at top tier firm, investment banking, or portfolio management
- Current enrollment in a graduate degree program, such as an MBA, MD or other advanced degree
- Ability to work in the GE Ventures Boston office full-time and travel as necessary
- Experience in technology, start- ups, or venture capital investing is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping with the ability to translate the results into effective communication tools (presentations)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; BostonGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
If interested, please apply here.