It’s never too early to start searching for your dream career. If you’re ready to apply the principles you’ve been learning at school in the real world, Evergy is the place for you. Hands-on experience is what our internship programs are all about. Our programs offer students an opportunity to gain insight and meaningful experience while also allowing us to identify talented prospective employees. Many of our interns go on to develop successful careers at Evergy.
As an intern, you’ll have real responsibilities, and you’ll work on productive assignments with actual business interactions. We know that you work hard, so we help you play hard while you are here. We provide a number of intern events throughout the summer to burn some extra energy, including volunteer events, power plant tours, lunch and learns, and more
This role is designed to provide hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards of the organization, allowing an opportunity for individuals to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills. This role will allow the intern to learn the basics of corporate venture capital through Evergy’s venture capital arm, Evergy Ventures. The intern will gain experience in deal sourcing, execution, and portfolio management.
Job tasks include but not limited to:
- Conduct research and market scans for areas of investment interest for Evergy Ventures
- Develop investment theses and strategies around future investments
- Support due diligence activities for ventures investments
- Develop strategies for investment document and portfolio company document management
- Maintain document repositories for Evergy Ventures
- Assist in developing marketing and public relations strategy
- Attend and participate in meetings and calls
- Support Evergy Ventures activity as needed
Education and Experience Requirements:
Candidates must be currently enrolled in an MBA program.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Exhibit confidence while engaging with senior-level executives and industry veterans
- Comfort communicating face-to-face, as well as via phone
- Experience in social media and/or marketing strategy preferred
- General understanding of investing preferred
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
If interested, please apply here.